Quality Controller - evening shift
We are looking for a QUALITY CONTROLLER ( Evening Shift Mon – Fri 2pm to 10pm )
Location: Unit 1 North, Oxgate Lane, Brent Cross, Staples Corner, Edgware Road, London, NW2 7JA.
- Filling and completion of production paperwork
- Specifications preparation for the next day’s production
- Printing of labels as per the production paperwork.
- Carrying out of goods out procedures
- Carrying out manual temperature checks
- Weekly Calibration of scales and probes
- Daily walk around that involves product assessment which is being posted on the log/ email.
- Sending out non-conformances as required
- Responding to customer complaints
- Carrying out induction for the agency staff
- Sending out swabs to the Laboratory twice a week, Mondays and Wednesdays
- Carrying out allergen or ATP swabs
- Running final product assessments on a daily basis.
- Adhering to relevant policies, codes of practice and standard operating procedures
- Preparing specifications required by customers from under business agreements and other trade products in company or customer format.
- Carrying out daily Quality and GMP audits
- Responding to daily production issues
- Carrying out product assessment checks and generating reports
- Carrying out any other responsibilities as may be reasonably required
- Promoting a quality culture via teamwork & coaching colleagues in production
- Any other job assigned by line manager within reasonable relevance to above job responsibilities.
You will be/have:
- Formal training on food science or similar discipline to at least a diploma level.
- Previous industrial experience from within a food related discipline is not essential but is an added advantage.
- Be computer literate (Excel and Word as a minimum).
- The ability to communicate at all levels within the business.
- Have an eye for detail and passionate for food safety and quality.