Hours of Work: 40 hours a week.
Location: Unit 1 North, Oxgate Lane, Brent Cross, Staples Corner, Edgware Road, London, NW2 7JA.
We are looking for a MAINTENANCE ENGINEER to work alongside the Engineering Manager to ensure all machinery is kept in excellent working order in line with HSE guidance as well as BRC requirements. To assist production with any issues relating to any equipment in a timely manner.
- Carry out planned preventative maintenance on all machinery on a monthly, bi-annual and annual schedule.
- Carry out reactive maintenance of all components of machinery including pneumatics, belts, bearings, motors, conveyors, blades as required and with minimum disruption to production.
- Ensure all equipment operates to specified performance criteria.
- Ensure all equipment and surrounding area conform to agreed company standards.
- Fault finding, inspection and repairs to machinery and building
- Support the Engineering Manager in spare part ordering.
- Ongoing training of production operatives on the correct use of machinery.
- Working on projects alongside the Engineering Manager to improve efficiency
- Ensure that all H&S procedures, engineering best practices are adhered to at all times
- Accurate & timely record keeping on all work carried out, root causes of failures and of spare parts used
You will be/have:
- Electrical and Mechanical Engineering knowledge
- Apprenticeship / HNC / HND / ONC level of qualification within an engineering discipline
- Ability to do bench fitting, TIG welding and machining
- Experience of working within a manufacturing site, ideally food manufacturing
- Knowledge of food safety and a good understanding of BRC requirements
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Driven, self-motivated, thorough and flexible
- Positive attitude towards work colleagues
Training provided by the company:
- Food safety
- Forklift, Narrow Isle, Electric pallet truck
- Specific machinery training
- First Aid
- Fire Marshall