1. The English Cheesecake Company Limited (‘We/us’) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
2. This policy (together with our terms and conditions of sale and any other documents referred to on it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
3. For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the ‘Act’), the data controller is The English Cheesecake Company Limited of 53-55 Pall Mall Deposit, 124-128 Barlby Road, London, W10 6AJ.
4. We may collect and process the following data about you:
4.1 Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site http://www.englishcheesecake.com (our site). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our site.
4.2 If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
4.3 We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
4.4 Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your orders.
4.5 Details of your visits to our site and the resources that you access.
5. We may collect information about your computer, including, where available, your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
3. A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive.
4. We use the following cookies:
4.1 Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
4.2 Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
4.3 Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
4.4 Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
5. Currently the individual cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them are:
5.1 Cart. The cookie called 'cart' stores all your shopping purchases and is used to populate the last form used in the checkout process that sends this data to the payment screen. Once the browser is closed down fully this data is removed.
5.2 Cookie-usage-informed. This is to mark whether or not you have read the cookies policy popup. If you have, this is marked as true and no further policy popup will appear.
7. You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.